With so many distractions presented to us daily, we can accidentally create distance between ourselves and our significant others. It’s important to maintain the bond. These 10 activities do just that. Have fun, and strengthen your relationship at the same time.
10 Activities that will bring you and your other half closer together:
1. Teach your partner how to do something he/she has never done before. It can range from how to create an art piece like an abstract painting, how to throw a football, write a poem, build a fire, play a video game or how to “veg out” your and his/her way.
Teaching your other half how to do something he/she might normally not do can lead to hilarious and memorable moments. It also brings you guys closer by building trust and empathy for one another.
2. Go on an adventure that’s new to both of you, like exploring a new hobby such as rock climbing or carpentry, visiting an antique store or a quirky museum, playing bingo in the community center (sounds dull, but I think it has a lot of potential to be entertaining in terms of people watching), finding a take-home worthy item from the junk yard and whatever else sounds good!
My fiancé and I went to Miami, FL’s first Pin-up Convention. We had no idea what to expect. We hoped for the best knowing we might be walking into a tacky burlesque show or a grand slam of retro fun. Thankfully, it was the latter. We meandered through shiny antique cars, tables of one of a kind trinkets, pin-up models, live good music and more. It was a successful endeavor.
3. Play a prank on someone together. All the sketchy scheming and funny outcomes manifests in teamwork, collaboration and bonding.
4. Pick a project to work on together, and do it! You can build a night stand or home-made bar. Try writing a song or screenplay together, cook an awesome meal. Challenge and reward yourselves. Additionally, the nice thing about this activity is that it can take a lot of time to complete, ensuring that you guys will spend one on one more regularly.
5. Invent a pair of characters or alter-egos, then go out and be them all day/night. Include accents, outfits, background stories…the works.
6. Play Truth or Dare!
7. Take each other to a place the other has never been. It’s best if the location is out of your comfort zones. Like taking he/she to a poetry reading, a snorkeling trip, a gun range, where you volunteer, a weird place you used to hang out when you were a teenager, where you learned to ride a bike or drive a car. Anything goes. Learn about each other.
8. Look through old photos of each other like baby pics, sports awards, birthdays etc.
9. Watch an old movie that neither one of you have seen.
10. Make a pact to shut off your phones and televisions all day, then follow through. Imagine all the stuff you both will come up with to entertain yourselves. Automatically, you will depend on each other for company and ideas to spend the day.
By cutting out the outside world for a day, you both will naturally rely on each other more and focus on each other’s words, ideas and company.
A stereotype as defined by Merriam-Webster is “an often unfair and untrue belief that many people have about all people or things with a particular characteristic.” Colloquially, the term, stereotype, “is used to categorize a group of people. People don’t understand that type of person, so they put them into classifications, thinking that everyone who […]
Susan J. Fowler, a former employee of Uber, published a post on her blog revealing numerous counts of sexual harassment and discrimination she experienced while working for the company. Her post is straightforward and pretty bias-free; her tone is calm, but frank. While some of her experiences at the company might appall readers, her author’s […]
“Make information beautiful” is my favorite infographic design tool’s slogan. Piktochart’s phrase really conveys the core purpose of the infographic. In addition to summarizing information beautifully, the infographic is a place to insert subtle but important messages about the writing process. Small but highly supportive messages can be integrated throughout the informative image. Similar to […]