6 Game Changing Tips For Shopping on Amazon
1. When you first begin your shopping search, use Amazon’s “Add to List” option, rather than “Add to Cart.” Adding to your wish list relieves the pressure of decision-making. You can also use the feature to narrow down your choices before throwing them in your cart. Most usefully, if you have a shopping itch, but don’t want to spend, play with your list, in the same way you might window shop or meander through a catalogue.
2. Give yourself a “star rating cutoff.” On amazon, products are rated by reviewers with a star system. The best rated products have 5/5 stars. In order to narrow down my choices and raise my chances of receiving a higher quality product, I only spend time researching products that are rated no less than 4 out of 5 stars.
3. Read the newest reviews first. If you look closely at the list of reviews, you will notice that the newest reviews are not always listed first. Filter through the comments; search for the most recent. Employees, delivery services, quality can all change within the span of a few months; ensure the feedback you’re reading is up to date.
4. Look at ALL the pictures posted in the review section. This is especially useful for clothing. You will find that many reviewers take photos of themselves in their purchases. Those that post their photos are everyday buyers like you and I. Customer photos show diverse figures, heights and angles. This is much more useful than the airbrushed models or invisible mannequins the companies use to display their items.
5. Research outside of Amazon too. Head for a mass search engine and type in the company or the product. Look for more reviews outside of Amazon to lower the chances of reading a biased opinion. You can also get a more comprehensive review of the company’s services and quality.
6. Get Amazon Prime, and stick to it. Though a Prime account costs about one hundred bucks a year, it’s completely worth it. Amazon Prime comes with its own “Netflix type” service that features hit tv shows, movies and workout videos. Also, if you have Prime, you should buy Prime products. If the product is listed as Prime, you are guaranteed 2 day shipping for free. Non-prime items charge a lot for even standard shipping without a precise delivery date. This is very important for international orders that can easily get delayed in standard. Prime also gives you access to Prime Pantry and Prime NOW (which is 2 HOUR delivery).
Like on any other adventure into the unknown, you must go forth into the deepest parts of Amazon well-equipped and prepared. I hope this helps 🙂
Subscribe to Blog via Email