1. Inspiring gallery. Decorate the wall in front of your desk with inspiring and motivational images or phrases, or simply self-express your passions and/or long term goals.
2. Contrasting styles. Note how interesting the combo of rococo and mod/modern furniture is–it’s fresh and sophisticated. The notable contrasts in style demonstrate a unique twist on traditional/expected design styles.
3. Fish tank. By separating your office space with glass, there is a sense of focus, while still remaining visually and audibly connected to the family and/or rest of the house.
4. Neutral zone. Keeping the decor simple and neutral maintains a sense of serenity even while you check your email.
5. Glass top desk. Adding a glass top to an old desk can spruce it up, especially if an image collage or some pretty fabric is placed just under the glass.
6. DIY Home office space. This is similar to the glass wall of the “fish tank” desk in terms of division, but different in that provides visual barriers. You can make a new mini-room with basic carpentry or some old wooden pallets.
7. The Dining Table desk. Give a small dining room table some color and use it as your desk. It brings warmth to the area as well as a creative detail.
8. Flowers. Go ahead and place a vase of gorgeous and bright flowers into your office space. It energizes the area and soothes the eyes.
9. The Shabby Garden desk. Mix up some eclectic vintage garden furniture for your office. It elicits a sweet shabby chic look.
10. Door desk. Instead of the expected glass top table, try an interesting door instead!
11. Funky fabric desk chair. Add some pizazz with a fun chair to add some spunk to the space.
12. Candelabras & Chandeliers. The elegance of a lush candelabra or chandelier can enrich a practical space like a desk or home office.
How do you keep your office space inspiring and stylish?