12 Creative, Cost-Free Things to Do with Time Off!
1. Interview someone you care about. Learn more about the ones you love.
2. Take a bubble bath. You can use the shower gel or body wash you already own if you don’t have official bubble bath soap.
3. Watch a movie someone lent or recommended to you, but you never got around to seeing. Take the time to check it out.
4. Design an alter-ego Click To TweetDesign an alter-ego if you don’t already have one. If you have one, design another! You should have a few to switch it up. Your alter-ego can be anything you want. Use your imagination. You could be a super hero, a bipolar genius rockstar, a dramtic actress from the 60s, a rapper, a sailor always at sea etc. Go crazy. Have fun with the details.
5. Update your profiles, resumé, curriculum vitae, linked-in profile, facebook profile and any other publicized and contrived version of yourself. Dust it off, spruce it up and polish.
6. Call someone you haven’t spoken to for over a month.
7. Take a walk outside. See if you can find any of nature’s treasures to bring home like a smooth stone, a flower, a cool shiny seed or an interestingly patterned leaf that might inspire some design.
9. Start reading a book you have not yet opened.
10. Offer to do someone a favor.
11. Watch two sunsets; take notes Click To TweetWatch two sunsets, take notes on the colors and state of the sky during the first sunset. Then do it again during the second sunset; then compare your sunsets. You might even get inspired and paint an abstract with colors you documented. (How to Paint an Abstract Painting that Resonates in 5 Steps)
12. Write a letter to your alter-ego. You might be surprised by what you’ll learn about yourself.
Got any more ideas? 🙂 Happy Flamingo Friday!